SHORT TERM GOALS
Short Term Goals:
- To procure funding for team deployments and shipment of equipment and medical supplies.
- Completion of equipment installation, and stock of needed supplies, development of proper infrasture and invironment of functionality
- Deployment of Surgical and Didactics teams to HUEH
LONG TERM GOALS
Finally, in long-term goals and sustainability models, the concept
of a permanent mentor, hopefully a United States medical school to visit quarterly and provide for clinical support and education services, we believe is very important. As previously mentioned, that medical school will link IT to HUEH, such as teleconferencing, tele- education, PACS systems, and educational resources, i.e., journals, library resources. There is, again, the potential for Haitian residents to visit and shadow, as well as attend conferences and training clinically in cadaver labs, as well as the potential for tertiary referrals, albeit rarely, on a case-by-case basis.
Long Term Goals:
- Permanent Mentoring Affiliations
- Sustainability Concepts: – funding for Human Resources at HUEH: Surgeons, Nurses, Central Supply, Sterilization, Bio Medical
- Funding for Vendors to maintain and replenish suppiles
- Developement of Core Orthopaedic curriculum for HUEH residency program: team deployments, tele-conferencing, radiografy, planned regional conferences with world class lecturers